Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I recently went through a nasty divorce and was left with beiing 3 months behind on my mortgage. I am raising my daughter on my own and with a $25k a year income. I have had to rob Peter to Paul with payday loans to get by. Yes, this was my own fault, however I am finding out that some of these companies are not legal in Florida. How do I find this out? All of the loans I have rolled over several times since orig obtaining the loan and I guess Florida only allows this once? I am asking this due to the fact that I don't know what if any legal action can be taken against me to get these paid. Example: I bring home $1400 a month and my mortgage is $ it is hard. I also get $600 in child support. If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Asked on 3/29/13, 8:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Short of filing bankruptcy, I suggest you rent a room out.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 8:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now