Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

HOW DO I GET MY SON BACK?

My husband is active military and we are still married, but have been separated since July 2011, when he was deployed to Korea. We have a 2 year old sonm who has been in my care for over a year. When my husband returned to the states in July 2012, he was immediately stationed at Fort Hood, TX. He asked if our son could visit him for a few months to make up some missed time. I was very hesistant at first because our son is so young and has NEVER been away from me for longer than a weekend. But I thought it was the right thing to do, so I agreed. I flew my son to TX on Aug 19th. He has been there 3 weeks and now my husband says he is NOT giving him back. I can't afford an attorney and there's never been any kind of custody hearing so I know we both have equal rights. What can I do to get my baby back?

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

You can't afford NOT to get a lawyer. You need to file divirce with the help of a lawyer right away. You husband's actions will not look good on him.

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

With no papers filed, go get him.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida