Florida  |  Family Law

HOW DO I GET MY SON BACK?

My husband is active military and we are still married, but have been separated since July 2011, when he was deployed to Korea. We have a 2 year old sonm who has been in my care for over a year. When my husband returned to the states in July 2012, he was immediately stationed at Fort Hood, TX. He asked if our son could visit him for a few months to make up some missed time. I was very hesistant at first because our son is so young and has NEVER been away from me for longer than a weekend. But I thought it was the right thing to do, so I agreed. I flew my son to TX on Aug 19th. He has been there 3 weeks and now my husband says he is NOT giving him back. I can't afford an attorney and there's never been any kind of custody hearing so I know we both have equal rights. What can I do to get my baby back?

Answered on: 9/10/12, 8:33 pm by Brent Rose

You can't afford NOT to get a lawyer. You need to file divirce with the help of a lawyer right away. You husband's actions will not look good on him.

The Orsini & Rose Law Firm PO Box 891325 Tampa (and Throughout Florida), FL 33689

Answered on: 9/11/12, 7:21 am by Lucreita Becude

With no papers filed, go get him.

Lucreita D. Becude, P.A. 12469 Antler Hill Drive, N Jacksonville, FL 32224