Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex wife has custody in Trinidad of my son he is an American citizen and I am also. she took my son and moved to Trinidad my son has been the for the past six yrs. We had a verbal agreement that when he was old enough to fly back and forth he will move her and she will return to the states shortly after. then she losses her green card now I have my son and I want him her and she tell me when I send him back I will never see him again. What steps can I take to have my son here legally.

Asked on 8/16/13, 7:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Jacobs Law Offices of Jennifer A. Jacobs, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Is there a court order giving your ex wife custody? Is that court order in the U.S. or in Trinidad? If the order is in the U.S. it sounds like you will need to file a Supplemental Petition for Modification of Time-Sharing. If the order is in Trinidad, and the child has resided in the U.S for at least 6 months, you can file a Petition to Domesticate Foreign Order and then file a Petition to Modify here. If the child has not been in the U.S. for at least 6 months, you would have to file in Trinidad and would need to find a lawyer there to tell you what the laws are there.

Read more
8/16/13, 7:24 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to file court papers asking for custody asap

Read more
8/16/13, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now