Florida  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/29/13, 7:03 am

I am a born US Citizen and would like to marry an individual who resides in the UK. He is there on a student visa and will be returning back to his country(Pakistan) in April. I was wanting to go visit in January or February (depending when my employment will allow me to take vacation) and get married. When I return and when he goes back home to his country I wish to sponsor him to come stay with me in the US. I am a mother of 5 and need to have him come live with me and help with my children and start a life together. Is it ok for me to go marry him in the UK or do I have to go to his country Pakistan to do so. I know the application has to be initiated from Pakistan but what about the marriage. It is easier for me to travel to the UK then to Pakistan with the children. What does the US embassy require for marriage spousal visa?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search