Florida  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/25/13, 11:41 am

My house (located in Florida) was foreclosed on in 2008 after I lost my job and could not pay the first mortgage. The second mortgage was sold to a debt collector possibly after the foreclosure occurred. Now they have filed a summary judgement against me for the second mortgage. Do they have legal grounds to do this? I do not have the money to pay this or to hire a lawyer. This would be utterly devastating if I was forced to pay.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/25/13, 11:50 am by Barry Stein

Yes they have a right to foreclose the mortgage that is not being paid.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search