Georgia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/13, 5:06 pm

A friend of mine has violated his probation (in place for a misdemeanor marijuana charge) by absconding when he moved out of state for 3 years.. Now he wants to resolve these issues, but we want to know what to expect as far as punishment or options are when he goes to turn himself in. If he's looking at jail time, what might be a reasonable sentence for a nonviolent misdemeanor charge without any other offenses since, in addition to the probation violation?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/02/13, 8:52 am by Lawrence Lewis

He is looking at the balance of probation in jail. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Lawrence Lewis, P.C. 242 Culver Street, Suite 103 Lawrenceville, GA 30045

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search