Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

We were involved in a non fault car accident when they advised us my fiance' has a warrant in GA for failure to appear for court appointed test that supposedly was in March. A probation officer has the warrant signed by a judge and he isnt even on probation. What recourse do we have for his wrongful arrest. He is being held in a county right now awaiting transport to the other facility.

Asked on 7/04/13, 8:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

First of all, you need to get him a lawyer as in yesterday! That matters.

Second, there are two possibilities. One is that your fiance is misleading you and does have a failure to appear. The other is that a mistake has been made.

Either way, each hour you delay hiring counsel hurts him.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 9:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now