Georgia  |  DUI Law

Hello, I was arrested May 15th 2012 for a dui-less safe charge of .067. Come July 17th 2012 I requested my case be transferred to another courthouse so I could go through a jury trial instead of the verdict being decided-by the judge. The judge said I would get a letter in the mail with my new court date in 5-8 months. Its now been 9 and a half months and still no letter. I just wanted to know if iits likely the case won't end up happening and how much longer I have to receive the letter before the case can't be tried in court anymore? Thank you.

Answered on: 5/15/13, 7:30 am by David Glass

First, I would contact the Court and make sure the case hasn't been set for trial. If your case has been accused (which it has), it can sit there for 20 years and not be dismissed. I would suggest saving some money every month and hire an attorney.

Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC P.O. Box 17970 Atlanta, GA 30316