Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

I had 2 lines in my name. My friend asked me to disconnect her line. I told her many times I would not disconnect until she paid me or the provider the fee to disconnect. She went out and got another phone. I let someone use the phone number on another phone for a week. My friend stated she would pay the fee on her next check. However, on that day she changed her mind and stated that someone else had the number so she was not obligated to pay. The person knew the line would be off on the day my friend was supposed to pay. I told my friend she did not have to pay while the other person used the line. Just to pay the fee to shut the phone off. She refused and still has not paid to have the phone turned off. What can I do?

Answered on: 11/28/12, 1:44 pm by Glenn M. Lyon, Esq.

Forget about the fee and move on. Unless the fee is very large, it's not worth taking any further action.

MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys 1230 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3750 Atlanta, GA 30309