Georgia  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/04/10, 10:27 am

A friend asked over a year ago if I would order a computer for her kids because she could not with credit and she would reimburse me the cost of the laptop. I agreed and viewed this as me selling property which would legally be mine until she paid for the item, like i would sell anything else. Well as stated it was a verbal agreement but she has paid a portion of the cost. She has been given a statement with the orginal cost and still refuses to pay the balance. I asked for the property to be returned. she wants her money back, but in the world i live in you dont pay for it you dont keep it. She owes me approx $1100 on the laptop. I know the laptop is broken and really just want the money she agreed to pay. What is my option as she wont return it either. Do i have a case if i brought the matter to small claims court?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search