Legal Question in Health Care Law in Georgia

I work for a not-for-profit and have to drive to locations, broke my ankle and my company won't let me husband drive me because he is not an employee of the company, is this right?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

This is certainly not a health care law issue. If someone needs emergency medical care, and need to get to the hospital, they need to either get there or call an ambulance. Presumably, you got to the hospital before posting your note, so it is not clear why you are asking on a legal forum. Sure, we can say it is bad form to not allow your husband to drive you, IF that is the best way to get you there (and we certainly don't know that). Then the question becomes why did you ask? Why didn't your husband just get in the car and drive you? Again, those are not legal issues.

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

There is no legal issue here. I am not understanding why you simply didn't let him drive you without saying a word. Since you escalated it into a big deal, yes, your employer can prohibit it.

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Georgia

Health Care Law Legal Forms