Legal Question in Immigration Law in Georgia

My 10 yr Green Card is about to expire next month. Can I apply for Naturalization using the N-400 form now or do I have to apply for another 10 yrs renewal using the I-90 form? Would really want to apply for citizenship! Hubby is citizen over 30 yrs & kids all their lives.

Asked on 10/04/13, 10:44 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can apply for citizenship.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 11:14 am
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I always recommend that people file the I-90 if their greencard is about to expire, since the naturalization process can take about one year.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/13, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now