Georgia  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/13, 11:49 am

My fiance and I are planing on getting married in a few weeks. I am a German Citizen and came here with Visitors Visa 3 years ago. Back then I was married to a US Citizen but I divorced him because of domestic violence. My ex spouse failed back then to apply for my Visa so I would be able to work and live here in the US. I never had the intention to overstay my Visitors Visa. Basically my ex spouse cut me lose and left me with nothing in this country, My fiance and I are expecting and I do have a !0 year old son from e previous relationship. So my question to you is, what does my fiance and I have to do after we get married as far as legal paperwork, what are the next steps? Am I able to apply for a SSN and be able to work here?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search