Georgia  |  Insurance Law

I was recently in a car accident with an uninsured motorist. I was not at fault for the accident, and have a police report as proof. My insurance is allstate. They have requested I sign a medical release. Do i have to sign it? If i limit what they can see on the release, can they drop my claim and say I'm not cooperating? Or can I just send them my releveant bills and medical records form the accident?

Answered on: 10/05/13, 3:18 pm by Glen Ashman

All insurance compoanies will cheat you badly if you talk to them without a lawyer. On average, expect a settlement 80% less than if you hired a lawyer on day one. Additionally, you have Allstate, one the worst insurers on settlements in the industry, so you have a huge problem. Do NOT give them a release. Do NOT send them any bills. Do NOT say a single word to them on the phone (they tape it and use the statements to lower your claim). Today - not soon - but now - hire a lawyer. You will owe nothing unless you collect. Feel free to call my office if you do not have counsel: 404-768-3509.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344