Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

I turned my notice of resignation into my supervisor on 5/2/13 with my last day of work being 5/24/13. Due to circumstances I was only able to work until 5/17/13. I left her a message stating the above and asked her to try to have my PTO time included on my last check which was today. On Tuesday she had my deleted work emails pulled and read some info she did not like. My check including PTO was direct deposited this morning and I was informed today that she is trying to have paycheck stopped with a stop payment stating that I did not work the full notice, is this legal?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You stated in your second sentence you could not finish out your notice period. We have no way of knowing what you were entitled to be paid, or whether you were paid for time actually worked.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms