Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

My wife has been at her job for over six months. Their policy is that you must work there for over 6 months to use PTO (that accrued in the first 6 months, just was not usable). Recently, she has gone from full-time to part-time (because she hates it). Her first part time check had 20 hours of PTO on it that she did not request. When she called to find out why, they said that it was policy that if you got from full-time to part-time, they complete your check to full-time hours with your PTO, and you lose the rest of the PTO. I have no seen this policy in writing anywhere and all they can say is that my wife was told this prior to going part-time, which is not true because she would not have gone part-time had she known this. Can they just take her PTO away even when she is still employed?

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

No one here has seen any policies or knows what was or was not said. It is common for employees to lose benefits if they go to part time (that is the very reason many companies move people to part time).

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms