Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

I no longer live in my property in Georgia. I moved to Maryland for another job about 4 years ago. The property had since been rented out twice and I tried to sale twice. I have an 80/20 loan. The 20% loan is a home equity line of credit. I attempted to do a deed in-lieu of foreclosure. Both banks agreed and the 20% lender sent a settlement letter to the 80% lender. However, the 80% lender wanted in addition to the agrement a W9 form. The 20% lender refused to provide this form. After a lot of going back and forth and no budging from the other lender to provide the W9 form, the property ended up in foreclosure. I just received another settlement letter from 20% lender offering me to pay approximately 15% of the current balance. I tried to negotiate the offer down because I donít even have the 15%, which they want within 1 month. What are my options? Should I hire a lawyer, should I pay and be done with this (I would have to take out a loan to pay), or should I wait it out and see if the home sales in foreclosure and then try to settle? By the way can the 20% lender legally try to settle with me without the other banks consent?

Asked on 11/30/12, 3:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Talk to a lawyer in person. This is too complicated for an internet posting.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/12, 12:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now