Georgia  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/02/13, 9:18 am

I have been married for many years and most of our real property has been purchased in my husband's name. We have done a will and in the will he leaves the house to me . However, because we have only been in our home 6 years, there is still a mortgage involved. If he passes away, the house will be paid off, but how will I get the deed in my name. I thought of doing a writ of survivorship, but did not know if that would be enough. What steps do I need to take to ensure that I get to keep my house if he passes away.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search