Georgia  |  Traffic Law

I am a minor in the state of Georgia. Today I got a warning for not being buckled up. I wasn't driving though. Will this go on my permanent driving record? Will anyone but the cops be able to see it ?

Answered on: 9/18/13, 12:07 pm by Glen Ashman

If you got only a warning, there is no ticket and no record at all.

If you did get a ticket, under O.C.G.A. 40-8-761 there are no points assessed to one's Georgia's Driver Record (if it is your first offense). Additionally, the cash fine is only $15.00 is required to dispose of the offense for any adult. It is not likely that this will cause you any problems although courts and police in the future may be aware of it.

Ashman Law Office 2791 Main Street EAST POINT Atlanta, GA 30344

Answered on: 9/19/13, 8:17 am by Robert Gardner

A warning means that you were not charged with any offense. Count yourself lucky and make it a habit to always wear a seat belt. Although some believe it is unnecessary, the fact is that the cops will use that as an excuse to pull you over, which can lead to other problems.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at hmgrmg@yahoo.com, or through our website: hicksmasseyandgardner.com.

Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler Street Winder, GA 30680