Legal Question in Consumer Law in Illinois

Hi, I am writing regarding the price posted on the internet of a new car. I have noticed several dealers in the Chicagoland area who post cars at $3,000-$5,000 below the actual price of the car. They call this the "eprice" and do not denote that these prices include all incentives possible, or for "qualified buyers." However, when one goes in to try and purchase the car at that price, they explain that the price includes all possible incentives and tell the consumers they do not qualify for all the incentives and that they can only buy the car at the sticker price. Is this legal? Or is this an example of false advertising and the dealer should be forced to sell you the car at what they call the "eprice"?

This sounds like bait and switch tactics. I would report it to the Illinois Attorney General, and find a dealer that doesn't do that.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Illinois

Consumer Law Legal Forms