Illinois  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/03/13, 7:09 pm

I am a grandparent in Illinois who has "full custody and total discretion over all visitation of the parents and other family members" given by South Carlina (DSS) 6 months ago. Now my grandchildrens other grandmother - a regular drug user, who played a very big part in introducing their mother to drugs which put the children into foster care wants to see the children, we are denying visitation. Can she file for grandparents visitation rights in Illinois with a custody / visitation arragement so current from South Carolina - we do allow the childrens parents to see the children, under supervised vistitation. She is threatenting to get a lawyer, I cannot afford one

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search