Legal Question in Family Law in Illinois

Income Tax

My spouse and are seriously considering divorce. She has filed her income tax this year as Married filing seperately without my knowledge. She has also claimed the mortage interest paid and both children. Both of our names are on the mortage, however due to her higher salary she pays that and my check goes to other household expenses. Should I take her to court? She also refuses to give me a copy of her tax return, am I entitled to see it to insure I don't claim anything she already has? Should I just file and let the IRS solve it?

Asked on 2/22/09, 9:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Steele Steele Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Income Tax

two cannot even agree to how taxes should be filed, and she will not let you see her return, it doesn't sound like there is much of a marriage left. If you get a divorce, the issues you mentioned will be written out and in written order for all parties to follow. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/09, 7:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now