Legal Question in Immigration Law in Illinois

I wish to apply for the L-1 visa. Currently I am partner in a firm overseas in Pakistan with 49 % shares, the other two partners have 49 % and 2 % shares each.

Does this shareholding genuinely show that I am an employee in company and can quality for the initial 3 year I - 129 visa ?

I have heard that if I am majority or highest shareholding then I will be considered a business owner rather than employee in which case the initial I-129 visa will be for 1 year.

Please clarify only this point regarding allowed stake in firm for I 129 visa .. thanks

Asked on 9/03/13, 1:20 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please call my office for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 5:44 am
Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your role within the company will determine eligibility, however coming to start a new company will usually result in an initial one year grant.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now