Illinois  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/11/13, 2:35 pm

I recently quit my job because my ex employer would treat us like maids and the job was a daycare job. Anyway, I quit and asked her nicely to please send my CPR and First Aid certification and other documents she has and she doesn't want to. If I go to her house she will probably call the police, I heard she did it before. She is a very mean person that likes to take advantage of people, I need my papers back, what can I do?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/16/13, 2:33 pm by Stephen Messutta

You could try to get the police to accompany you but if they won't you may need to file a lawsuit. The problem is that she can always say she no longer has the paperwork. You MAY be better off asking the people who issued you your documentation and certification to send you copies saying you lost yours.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney address not available

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search