Legal Question in Employment Law in Illinois

I worked in a home office in one state, and my company's HQ is in another state. I was recently terminated 36 hours after raising an issue with my employer, so feel I may have a case for retaliatory termination. My question is, which state's laws apply here, because I'd like to view my personnel records, but the HQ state does not have any statute mandating that the employer make this available to me. The state where I live and worked DOES have such a statute...

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

Generally, in the situation you describe, the laws of the state in which your home office is located and where you physically work will apply for the law you describe. In terms of other issues, such as non-competes, you will want to look at the agreement you signed to determine which state's laws apply.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Illinois

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms