Legal Question in Medical Leave in Indiana

My daughter has a child with disabilities. He is non-verbal and not toilet trained. He is 8 yrs old and attends a special school for children with Autism. She applied for FMLA and was approved. When the clinic is closed she takes FMLA to care for her son. Now they are saying she can't use FMLA for child care. They have allowed this is the past. Are they correct and where should she go for advice

Andrew Dutkanych Biesecker & Dutkanych

Based on the facts that you have provided, it seems that she should be able to use FMLA to care for her son when the clinic is closed as she is needed to care for him on those days. You should contact an attorney for more information on how to protect her rights. I can be contacted at ad@bdlegal.com or the number in my profile.

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Indiana

Family Medical Leave Act Legal Forms