Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Iowa

Is it legal to use a VPN or other service to bypass georestrictions on streaming sites? For instance, some content is available on Netflix in Canada, but not in the U.S. Users in the U.S. can use certain services to appear as if they are in Canada, and access the content. Unlike downloading pirated files, in this case the content owner gets paid. I've been trying to figure out whether this is legal. People are saying that it's not, but it might violate the streaming service's terms of service. Has any precedent been established regarding this practice?

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I don't practice in the area. . I would expect that every streaming service has a slightly different terms of use agreement, so you'd have to be more specific about which one you're fixing to take on.

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Iowa

Intellectual Property Legal Forms