Legal Question in Employment Law in Iowa

Can I get fired for filing an OHSA complaint due to safety reasons at my work place. I currently started a position as a maintenance manager and noticed there is over 75 safety violations in the plant. I have discussed them with the plant manager about when we can address these issues. I tried to do a professional approach that didn't not go over well. I have since been concerned for all of the employees that I filed an online complaint with OHSA. I am still with in my 90 days of hire but could not stand to wait any longer because of all of the safety issues. I gave up a very good paying job to try to better myself and do not want to lose my job because I care about the people who work there. If I am terminated is there any way for lost wages due to retaliation? I am not after money but if I get fired because I care about peoples safety I think the company should compensate me for my lost in employment or legal term (wrongful termination).

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

That sounds like a question you should put to the office of the labor commissioner.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Iowa

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms