Legal Question in Employment Law in Iowa

I work at Bank A and recently I applied for a position with a bank in another town but still within 30 miles of my current job. I went to the first interview, and was asked to go to a second one that would have the CEO and COO of the company present. The day before the interview they called and canceled because they entered into an agreement with the company I work for for a non-solicitation agreement that involved a loan that was done. Bank B said was it restrictive for employees as well. I applied with this company in the past well before this agreemetn and then saw this position and posted for it as well (6 months after initial job posting) and was not asked to apply there but found their posting on a public site. Can I be turned down from company b because if a non-solicitation agreement between companies? It is in the banking industry in Iowa.

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

The answer to your question is yes. There is no right to be hired.

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Iowa

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms