Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Child Suport

I have lost my full time job and need to have my child support lowered. I have completed a child support work sheet and given it to my ex-wife. She wants her attorney to look it over. However, He will not respond to her request. Can I file the motion with out her agreeing to the changes?

Asked on 6/12/07, 5:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Grant Griffiths Grant Griffiths
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Child Suport

You can always file the motion. However, unless she agrees to the change, you will have to set your motion for hearing in front of the judge. You will also have to give her attorney notice of the hearing and to be on the safe side, I would give her notice too. You should mail the notice to them both by regular mail.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/07, 5:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now