Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Kentucky

My boss constantly makes sexual comments and advances towards me. I have asked him to stop multiple times and he never did. He always claimed he was "joking" even though he would watch me bend over and pick things up, ask me to lift up my shirt, ask details about what underwear I was wearing that day, ask me to sit in his lap or give him a hug, etc. I am now hesitant to work with men and uncomfortable with myself physically around the opposite sex. He also fired me today after I put in my two week's notice two days ago. Would this be a viable lawsuit?

Thomas McAdam Thomas A. McAdam, III, Attorney

As you have described your boss' behavior, he has violated both federal and Kentucky laws. You most certainly have the basis of a lawsuit against him (and perhaps his company) for damages. You should contact an attorney immediately, since there is a time limit on such lawsuits.

Andrew Dutkanych III Biesecker & Dutkanych

It could be. It will depend on whether you reported it or had an opportunity to report it. Also, it could depend on whether the sexual harassment is what led to your resignation. I would encourage you to contact an attorney to discuss the matter in more detail, because it may be a viable case. If you would like to contact me, you can email me at ad@bdlegal.com or call me.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Kentucky

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms