Maryland  |  Civil Rights Law

My daughter 16 lost her life when djs put her in a group home for help w a rape tyat happened at 7. The said she was a danger and needed supervision in a structured group home. On a outing w no van aide my daugjter was able to sum how go out the back van door om a interstate and loss her life.

Answered on: 7/24/13, 4:44 am by Thomas Valkenet

There are several possible claims here, including wrongful death, and a survivor action. But you do not share nearly enough information about the accident. For instance, when did it happen? Was the home a privately run entity? Was a van aid required? Is there a report of the event? Did she lose her life from a fall, or was she hit by another car? Was it immediate? Did she suffer? Were you still a legal guardian, or had you lost your rights? So many questions that only an in depth interview can uncover.

Young & Valkenet 600 Wyndhurst Avenue, Suite 230 Baltimore, MD 21210