Legal Question in Family Law in Maryland

I have a custody agreement between me and my sons mother. We have shared legal custody but I have the physical custody part. Can I still take her up for child support?

Asked on 2/25/12, 9:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Bill Wood Law Office of William C. Wood, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 2/26/12, 4:55 am
Erin Michael McCormack McCormack Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If child support was never calculated before, then yes you can file a complaint for child support. If you have the greatest amount of physical custody, and your income isn't disproportionately gerater than the other party's, then you are likely to see a support award gratned. There are forms online that you can use to initiate a support proceeding, but it's always helpful to at least consult an attorney prior to filing the case. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/27/12, 5:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now