Legal Question in Personal Injury in Maryland

What legal recourse do I have if a blogger is spreading misinformation and lies and harming my personal reputation online and in my community?

Asked on 6/06/13, 11:00 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

G. Joseph Holthaus III Law Offices of G. Joseph Holthaus
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Report them to the internet company that is hosting the blog. Notify the person in writing to stop. Possibly sue them for libel and this is very complicated.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 11:07 am
Thomas Valkenet Young & Valkenet
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Start with the hosting company, although there are limits to what they will do unless the posting is illegal or obscene. You do have court remedies, which depend on where the blogger lives, where the entries were read, and by whom. misinformation and lies of a certain quality can get you "per se" damages, but you may have to find folks who have changed their opinion about you to create something actionable. As you might guess, this is a very fact based area of analysis.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/13, 11:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Maryland

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now