Legal Question in Disability Law in Michigan

A month ago a harassment situation between two co-workers broke out at work, I was brought in as witness to this situation. Upon its resolution I was asked to notify supervision if the individual in question were to act in an unprofessional manner again.

Two weeks ago I notified supervision of a continuation of this behavior from my peer. The issue was addressed and resolved.

One week ago I was sent to the company doctor to check on a rash I'd developed during my employ for this company.

Yesterday the lab results came back and the company doctor gave them a notice saying I could not come in contact with a particular chemical that was used in day to day operation of 90% of our company equipment.

Today I was fired. The official reason given was they decided the report of continued harassment I provided regarding the previously mentioned co-worker was false and I was terminated for unprofessional conduct.

I am all too certain I was let go because of the allergic reaction in the work place which to my knowledge the ADA regards as illegal.

My questions is do I have a case, if I were to pursue legal action would there be any positive outcome in my favor or would it just bruise my pocketbook?

I live in Michigan (Right to Work) and that is one of my biggest hesitations.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Asked on 5/07/13, 8:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It sounds very fishy and I think you might have a case. Contact my office to discuss further. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now