Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/07/11, 8:41 am

I am currently 8 month pregnant and reside in Michigan. The father of my unborn child lives in Washington state. He is telling me that he spoke with a lawyer and they told him that if he pays child support the baby will have to go to Washington state to see him and his family once a month after the baby has reached 6 months. I am wondering if this information is true. If it is not I would like to know what visitation rights he will be getting. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Concerned Mother

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/07/11, 9:59 am by Miles Murphy

Just remember that the law is different in other states and it can be complicated depending on the situation. It sounds like the father will not be moving to Michigan anytime soon. It is hard to say what visitation rights he will get. This is something that will have to be decided either by consent of the parties or by a Judge. This will not be something I rcommend trying on your own. My advice is to seek a Family Law attorney. Please feel free to contact our office and schedule a no charge consultation, via phone or at my office, to discuss your options.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Plachta, Murphy & Associates, P.C. 124 E Fulton, Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search