Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My daughter and her husband separated and he moved out, they only been married for five months and no children, but my daughter has three children from another marriage. They bought a house and the husbands father financed it and they pay him the mortgage every month. Does my daughter have to move out of the house?

Asked on 8/23/13, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can stay in the house unless a court orders otherwise. They should do a status quo order so that the payments keep getting made as before, with regard to mortgage, utilities, etc. It sounds like the house is in the father-in-law's name with no lease agreement so that is good.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/13, 12:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now