Minnesota  |  Employment Law

have a question about work I work with vulnerable adults and I was told that I have to transport clients in my personal vehicle I have concerns about this as I donít want to be left with the bill if I was to get in an accident.

The company HR person came to my work last night while I was working and asked me why I did not want to transport I explained about the insurance he showed me a spreadsheet on his computer that said that they have auto insurance but I never saw a company name on the document and when I asked for a copy he refused to give me one, he did however give me a sheet that he told me to check a box and sign there were two boxes one said I will transport all clients and the other box option said that this is my resignation, I asked what would happen if I didnít check either and he told me I would be suspended and he would then start termination process on me.

My big questions to you is this legal? Should I be able to get proof that I would be covered under their auto insurance when transporting their clients?

Thank you.

This is an unanswered question.