Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Minnesota

I live in an apartment complex and about 5 months ago a maintance person panted some spots in the ceiling of my apartment. He didnt cover or move my black leather sofa and got white over spray on more than half of it. first managment said the would take care of it for me and would find a cleaner, but now they are saying the cleaning kits are to expensive and that the limit is $15 for me to find somthing on my own. that sofa cost me well over $1000 in a going out of buisness sale at a local furniture place. like I said its been 5 months and they are giving the run around. what are my options and what can i do to make them take care of this by replacing the sofa?

Cameron Kelly Cameron Kelly Law, LLC

Try taking your landlord to conciliation court. It will cost you about $70 for a filing fee, and a few hours to attend, but it is meant to be a quick and inexpensive option for people to represent themselves in court. One tip is to get a quote for a repair from a company that you would be satisfied with, and bring it with you to court. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Cameron Kelly Law, LLC

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Minnesota

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms