Mississippi  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/28/07, 7:39 pm

Desperate about Mississippi Situation

My blood aunt and uncle raised me as their son. When they died, no will was found. Dad died in 1982 and then mom died in 1998. The family home was located in a seriously wooded area. It is a frame house. There are people living in the house whom I contacted back in March 2007 and informed them to pay the rent to me. As you probably have guessed, I have received nothing from them. Also, they have no telephone either. This is from the sublime to the ridiculous. I would like to open the estate and do whatever is necessary to have the house placed in my name. I also would like to put insurance on the house. I fear that the present occupants will vengefully burn the house down when I legally obtain possession of the house. I do want everything involved in my actions to be legal. Please help me with this.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search