Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Missouri

Can a car rental agency press charges of theft on me when the car was returned the day same day that i had informed them it would be I was a few hours late and did contact them and leave a message informing him I would be keeping it two more days prior and the Lady I talked to said she noted it and would charge me another 225.00 total for both days I had it longer and the day I turned it in he said I owed 600 more instead and they have also taken the original amount I owed out of my account as of the 14 th of Oct. So they have the car and the money and said they pressed charges and wont drop them until I pay the other 600 I owe even though I've tried to make payment arrangements for the rest they also refuse to give my sisters college books back is this legal ?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

That cannot keep the books without suffering civil liability. As far as the $600, it depends upon the wording of the lessee agreement.

Good luck

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Missouri

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms