Legal Question in Criminal Law in Missouri

Is there a statute of limitations for clsass d felony in Missouri for resisting arrest and fleeing the scene of an accident . After being charged. But never arrested. On the run, so to speak. Will it ever go away I guess is what I am asking

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Being a fugitive from justice stays (stops) the running of any applicable statute of limitations. If you don't flee or hide, and they just don't bring the charge, you might get lucky. Still, I would advise you to hire an attorney and face this straight up. I have handled many such matrters over the last thirty-five years, and you can contacct me directly if you'd like a consultation.

Richard Stevens The Stevens Law Firm

if a charge has been filed and a warrant issued then the statute of limitations does not apply. you should then hire an attorney and turn yourself in with the aid of the attorney

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Missouri