Missouri  |  Criminal Law

After visiting a nightclub,i was returning home in a taxi cab,when we stopped to take some cash from

ATM my card was blocked because of cash whithdrawal limit (it is 300$ a day) i offered to pay the

driver with my debit card ,the money was available in my account(i have ATM receipt) and he said NO

because i promised him that i will pay with cash .After that he called a police .When police arrived we

already screaming at each other.Police officer said i am aggressive ,but the police did not listen to my

explanation and he took me to a jail.Yes,i was very angry at the driver but why i was charged with

larceny? i did not refused to pay, i just could not pay him with cash.Please advise me what to do! May

i be deported for it or lose my Green card?

Answered on: 10/10/13, 3:55 pm by Michael R. Nack

You need to hire an attorney. If you plead guilty or are convicted you may very well lose your green card. If you are facing a criminal charge in a jurisdiction where I regularly practice, I may be able to help you. Feel free to contact me directly for a telephone consultation.

Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law 200 South Bemiston (307) St. Louis, MO 63105