Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/13/13, 7:26 pm

When I got my divorce my husband signed a quit claim deed to release his rights to the house and I got the house in the decree stating I had one year to remove his name from the house by refinancing it but my year is almost up and my credit score isn't high enough yet to refinance the loan so what happens? Can my ex-husband come back and get the house or what?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/14/13, 3:49 pm by Michael R. Nack

He could file a Motion for Contempt which you could defend. But, it would get the problem back before the Court. Didn't you check your credit and ability to do so before you entered into the agreement? Perhaps your lawyer could have done so or advised you to do so. I do not see why your ex would get the house, but you may consider resolving the problem by selling the house at which time the existing mortgage would be paid off.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law 200 South Bemiston (307) St. Louis, MO 63105

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search