Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I live in Missouri, and I am a high schooler who has divorced parents. I want to change to the school district that my dad lives in, however my mom refuses to allow me. I am currently enrolled in the school district where my mom lives, is there anything I can do to switch districts?

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You do not have any legal rights in this matter. The Judgment of the divorce Court states what the terms of "legal custody" are, and the Judgment controls. Your father might be able to file a Motion in Court and obtain a specific Court Order regarding this issue. He would be well advised to consult with an attorney if he is willing and able to cover the expenses. Your. Desire to change school districts is not particularly relevant to the Court's decision.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri