Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I live in Missouri, and I am a high schooler who has divorced parents. I want to change to the school district that my dad lives in, however my mom refuses to allow me. I am currently enrolled in the school district where my mom lives, is there anything I can do to switch districts?

Asked on 9/16/13, 9:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not have any legal rights in this matter. The Judgment of the divorce Court states what the terms of "legal custody" are, and the Judgment controls. Your father might be able to file a Motion in Court and obtain a specific Court Order regarding this issue. He would be well advised to consult with an attorney if he is willing and able to cover the expenses. Your. Desire to change school districts is not particularly relevant to the Court's decision.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 4:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now