Missouri  |  Family Law

My Nephew was left with me 4 years ago due to my sister being adicted to drugs and just leaving him and not coming back. Now she came back and took him with her to live with her, heis now 16 and doesnt want to stay with her. Is there any legal way I can get him back to living with me

Answered on: 8/23/11, 12:38 pm by Shelley Bishop

Depending on your sister's current circumstances, you may be able to obtain a Guardianship over your nephew. There are several requirements to do so, however, and I strongly suggest that you consult with a family law attorney in your area as soon as possible.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice but rather is educational in nature. The choice of an attorney is an important one and should not be made on the basis of advertisement alone.

The Law Office of Shelley L. Bishop 455 S. Sam Barr Drive, Suite 209 Kearney, MO 64060