Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My Nephew was left with me 4 years ago due to my sister being adicted to drugs and just leaving him and not coming back. Now she came back and took him with her to live with her, heis now 16 and doesnt want to stay with her. Is there any legal way I can get him back to living with me

Shelley Bishop The Law Office of Shelley L. Bishop

Depending on your sister's current circumstances, you may be able to obtain a Guardianship over your nephew. There are several requirements to do so, however, and I strongly suggest that you consult with a family law attorney in your area as soon as possible.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice but rather is educational in nature. The choice of an attorney is an important one and should not be made on the basis of advertisement alone.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri