Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/07/11, 8:34 am

can i take my wife back to court to get child support on son in college?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/07/11, 11:23 am by Shelley Bishop

There are certain requirements to child support extending to a child in college, however, without going into the specifics required by statute, if this is the year the child graduated from high school and is enrolled in college on a full time basis, the answer is generally yes. You will need to speak with a family law attorney in your area who can review the facts of your specific case and better guide you in determining whether the child has been emancipated or if the child support statute will allow you to recieve child support.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice, but is intended to be educational in nature. The choice of an attorney is an important one and should not be based on advertisement alone.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Law Office of Shelley L. Bishop 455 S. Sam Barr Drive, Suite 209 Kearney, MO 64060

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search