Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Missouri

I live in Missouri and being sued in Florida in the civil court on what the opposing party says is an oral contract but I never had an oral contract with them. Since I can not afford an attorney, what would happen if I did nothing?

Asked on 2/01/10, 9:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They would get a judgment against you, would register it in Missouri, and they would garnish your bank account or wages. You should see a lawyer about this right away.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/10, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now