Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New Jersey

My son has bipolar, aspergergers, anxiety, has been moved to another school 1 month ago, he has an IEP in place, which we had to hire a lawyer for, that says they can NOT call the Police , Prosecutors office for

things he says like “shoot the school “ which he said twice because he didn‘t want to do any work in school but play, he is 10 but has a mentality of a 5 YEAR OLD, does not understand what he is saying or the meaning or consequences . He ‘s always saying things wrong or making things up , you could be right there and see the same thing but he’ll say something else. Now yesterday he said mommy and daddy argue and mommy throws dishes , and the school called Dyfis .

We are so upset all over this we feel they violated the IEP agreement and feel they have slandered us , they know we take him to all kinds of doctors every month for years now and are trying are best with him.

Do we have a case to sue the school, they know his background, etc. yet they still did horrible thing to us.

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.

I can help you with the DYFS situation. I'd have to refer you to another lawyer for the school issue.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New Jersey

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms