New Jersey  |  Civil Litigation

My son has bipolar, aspergergers, anxiety, has been moved to another school 1 month ago, he has an IEP in place, which we had to hire a lawyer for, that says they can NOT call the Police , Prosecutors office for

things he says like “shoot the school “ which he said twice because he didn‘t want to do any work in school but play, he is 10 but has a mentality of a 5 YEAR OLD, does not understand what he is saying or the meaning or consequences . He ‘s always saying things wrong or making things up , you could be right there and see the same thing but he’ll say something else. Now yesterday he said mommy and daddy argue and mommy throws dishes , and the school called Dyfis .

We are so upset all over this we feel they violated the IEP agreement and feel they have slandered us , they know we take him to all kinds of doctors every month for years now and are trying are best with him.

Do we have a case to sue the school, they know his background, etc. yet they still did horrible thing to us.

Answered on: 4/13/13, 3:41 pm by Jef Henninger, Esq

I can help you with the DYFS situation. I'd have to refer you to another lawyer for the school issue.

Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq. 8 Offices in New Jersey Tinton Falls, Newark, Toms Riv, NJ 08901