Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New Jersey

My son has bipolar, aspergergers, anxiety, has been moved to another school 1 month ago, he has an IEP in place, which we had to hire a lawyer for, that says they can NOT call the Police , Prosecutors office for

things he says like “shoot the school “ which he said twice because he didn‘t want to do any work in school but play, he is 10 but has a mentality of a 5 YEAR OLD, does not understand what he is saying or the meaning or consequences . He ‘s always saying things wrong or making things up , you could be right there and see the same thing but he’ll say something else. Now yesterday he said mommy and daddy argue and mommy throws dishes , and the school called Dyfis .

We are so upset all over this we feel they violated the IEP agreement and feel they have slandered us , they know we take him to all kinds of doctors every month for years now and are trying are best with him.

Do we have a case to sue the school, they know his background, etc. yet they still did horrible thing to us.

Asked on 4/13/13, 7:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jef Henninger, Esq Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I can help you with the DYFS situation. I'd have to refer you to another lawyer for the school issue.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/13, 3:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New Jersey

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now