New Mexico  |  Criminal Law

Hello i have a question about something that happened recently. My brother got beat up with bricks, a pole, and nunchucks. The police charged the person who did that with disorderly conduct and aggravated assult? is that enough charges. i want that person to pay for what he did because my brother got a fractured skull and he had to go thru surgery. He lost his memory. and the person who did that was about 13-15 years old. please answer my question as soon as you can. please.

Answered on: 4/10/13, 11:50 am by Salim Khayoumi

The determination of what and how many criminal charges to be filed is up to the District Attorney and based on the facts provided by the law enforcement officers and witnesses involved in the altercation. Based on the facts you've presented, it seems like there may be some issues regarding the alleged defendant(s) age. A person between 13 to 15 years of age is considered a juvenile in the state of New Mexico. The process for prosecuting a juvenile delinquent differs greatly from normal prosecution of an adult defendant.

Khayoumi Law Firm 821 Silver Ave SW Albuquerque, NM 87102